Fresh Beetroot, Mustard Seeds, Urad Dal, Dry Red Chilies, Fresh Lemon Juice, Dried Fenugreek Leaves (kasoori methi).
1. Wash, peel and dice the beets into small cubes.
2. Heat up oil in a wok, add 1 tablespoon of mustard seeds. When they begin to splutter, add 2 teaspoons of split urad dal and break 2 dry red chilies into it. Saute well till the dal become light brown.
3. Add the beets, salt to taste, 1 tablespoon of crushed kasoori methi and a little water. Cover and cook till the beets are al dente. Do not overcook!
4. Turn off the heat and add squeeze the juice of half a lemon, mix well.
5. Garnish with a bit of kasoori methi.
6. Enjoy warm or at room temperature!