Fresh corn, Freshly ground black pepper, Yellow onion, Sumac, Red chili flakes, Garam Masala, Oregano, Cumin Seeds, Chives, Puff pastry sheets.
1. Take the corn off the cob.
2. Spice mix: In a pan roast 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds and a few black pepper corns. Coarsely grind it in a spice grinder . To this, add 1/2 teaspoon of oregano, 3/4 teaspoon of sumac, & 1 teaspoon of garam masala and salt to taste. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to this spice mixture and mix well.
3. Generously sprinkle the spice oil on the corn and with your clean hands, ensure that the corn kernels are fully coated with the spices. Spread the corn in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake in the oven at 450 degrees for about 10-12 minutes.
4. Dice one small yellow onion. Heat some oil and add 1 tsp of cumin seeds. Then add the diced onions and saute till the onions are translucent.
5. Add salt to taste and 1 tsp of red chili flakes and 2 tsp of finely chopped chives.
6. Add the above mixture to the grilled corn and mix well. Squeeze the juice of half a lemon. Keep aside ready in a bowl.
7. Cut small circles of the thawed out puff pastry sheets (I happened to find circular ones precut) and bake in the oven as per instructions.
8. With a sharp serrated knife, slice the baked puff pastry in half, add a generous spoon full of the grilled corn masala and use the other half to cover it partially.
9. Garnish with freshly chopped chives and serve hot