A MEDLEY OF COLORS & FLAVORS!
Bell peppers (all colors), Potatoes, Onions, Paneer, Dry roasted and coarsely crushed coriander and fennel seeds, Tandoori Masala, Ginger powder, Fennel powder, Dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi), Greek yogurt, Lemon Juice.
1. In a bowl, add 3 tablespoons of Greek yogurt and squeeze the juice of 1 big lemon. Add 1 teaspoon each of roasted and coarsely crushed whole coriander seeds, fennel seeds, a pinch of tandoori masala and garam masala to it and whisk well, keep aside.
2. Cut the vegetables (approximately 2 cups, except potatoes & paneer) into 2″ cubes. Add the yogurt-spices marinade and keep them covered in the refrigerator for half hour.
3. Peel and cube 2 big potatoes into 2″ cubes.
4. Cube 1 cup of paneer and keep aside.
5. In a bowl make a spice mix: Add 2 teaspoons each of tandoori masala, garam masala, coriander-cumin powder, red chili powder, ginger powder, fennel powder and salt to taste. Mix all the spices well.
6. Heat oil in a large flat bottomed pan.
7. Add a teaspoon of cumin seeds and when they begin to splutter, add the cubed potatoes, saute for a minute. Reduce heat, cover and let cook for 2-3 minutes.
8. Turn over and let sit for another 2 minutes.
9. Add the cubed paneer.
10. Add some of the spice mix and mix well and allow to cook. The potatoes and the paneer will start to get slightly crisp.
11. Add the marinated vegetables and the rest of the spice mix to the potatoes-paneer mix and saute for a couple of minutes. Cover and cook for not more than 2-3 minutes (if you like your veggies crunchy like me!)
12. Add 3 tablespoons of kasuri methi and mix everything together.
13. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot with phulkas!