Okra (Bhindi), Green Bell Pepper, Mustard seeds, Dry Pomegranate seeds, Coriander seeds, Fennel seeds, Cumin seeds, Garam masala, Coriander-Cumin Powder, Skinless peanuts.
1. In a skillet, roast 1 tablespoon each of cumin seeds, coriander seeds, anardana, fennel seeds, peanuts, and a few black peppercorns. Grind them to a coarse powder, keep aside.
2. Slice okra into ½” pieces.
3. De-seed & cut 2 green bell peppers into long thin strips.
4. Take a big, flat non-stick pan and heat 5 tablespoons of oil.
5. Add 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds and the okra into the pan, mix till the oil coats all the okra, spread it evenly in a single layer in the pan and leave it alone for 7-8 minutes.
6. Turn it again on the other side and let it cook for another 5-6 minutes. DO NOT COVER THE PAN.
7. Once the sliminess leaves the okra, add the sliced bell peppers, mix well.
8. Sprinkle a pinch of turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon each of red chili powder (more if you like it spicy), garam masala, coriander-cumin powder, and dry mango powder and salt to taste. Ensure that the spices coat the okra and peppers well.
9. Once the veggies cook down, they will start to darken and shrink. At this point, add the coarsely ground spice mix and 1 teaspoon of oil.
10. Mix everything together and let the okra crisp up in the pan.
11. In a skillet, roast a few peanuts till they turn a light brown.
12. Garnish with lightly browned peanuts and finely chopped cilantro and serve hot with phulkas or naans!