Okra, Onion, Coriander Cumin Powder, Dry Mango Powder.
1. Wash and dry okra on a paper towel.
2. Trim the edges and cut okra into 3″ long pieces.
3. Heat oil in a wide flat-bottomed pan and spread out the okra in it and leave it alone for a few minutes.
4. When they start to brown, turn them to the other side, add 1 tbsp of cumin seeds, mix and leave them be.
5. When it is almost brown, add salt, turmeric, red chili powder,garam masala, dry mango powder, and a generous sprinkling of coriander-cumin powder so that it coats each piece of okra.
6. When the spices are mixed well with the now dry okra, add 2 sliced onions and 1 tbsp of oil. Allow the onions to cook down, mix well and take off the fire.
7. Scoop out the insides of 1 big really ripe tomato and chop into small pieces.
8. Top the hot okra with these tomatoes and garnish with finely chopped cilantro and serve hot with naans or phulkas or tandoori rotis.