This is a simple, 5 minute quick to make vegetable when you are in a rush and have eggplants lying around! Read below and you will know why I am giving this only 5 minutes excluding a 2 minute prep time!
Eggplants (brinjal/baingan), Mustard seeds, Turmeric powder, Red chili powder, Sambar powder, Asafoetida.
- Take a big bowl of water and cut up 4 medium eggplants into 1″ long chunks and drop them into the water to prevent discoloration.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan.
- Add 1 tsp of mustard seeds + 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder + 2 tsp of red chili powder + 1 tsp of sambar powder + 1/2 tsp of hing.
- Mix everything gently with a flat spatula gently and cover the pan with a lid tightly.
- Reduce the heat to medium and leave it alone. Do not add water or stir it continuously.
- After 4-5 minutes, uncover and mix gently to ensure that the eggplant is cooked through.