Ripe black plums, Fresh ripe figs, Chana Dal (yellow split dry chick peas), Jaggery, Molasses, Cardamom, Freshly grated coconut.
1.In a pot of boiling water, add 4 ripe black plums. Turn off the heat when the skin begins to split. Squeeze out the pulp and keep aside.
2. Chop up 6 ripe figs.
3. Mix the plum pulp and figs in a bowl and add 2 tablespoons of maple syrup and allow to rest for an hour.
4. Wash and soak 1 cup of chana dal for half hour.
5. Cook on the stove top or pressure cook it till firm but not mushy. Drain off the water and mash with a fork so that some are left whole and some are mashed.
6. In a heavy bottomed pan, add ¾ cup of jaggery and ½ cup of water and allow it to melt on medium high. When it starts to become like a thick syrup, add 5 tablespoons of dark molasses. Mix well.
7. Add the chana dal and figs/plum mixture and cook everything on a medium-low heat till everything blends together.
8. Add 1 teaspoon of ground cardamom and ½ cup of freshly grated coconut.
9. Turn off the heat and add 1 tablespoon of ghee (clarified butter).
10. Garnish with fresh figs and serve hot!