Semolina (Coarse rava), Dried sweetened cranberries, Walnuts, Sugar.
1.Soak a few dried cranberries overnight in warm water and grind it to a paste. Keep aside.
2. Roast walnuts and coarse grind it to the consistency of sooji.
3. Roast 1 cup of sooji.
4. In a big pan (with a lid …in a moment you will see why), add 1 cup of coarsely ground walnuts, 1 cup of roasted sooji, 1.5 cups of sugar (i like it low on sugar, but you may increase it if you wish), and 1 heaped tbsp of cardamom powder and mix and roast for a few minutes on a very low flame.
5. Heat a big pan of water and when it is boiling, add it to the walnut/semolina/sugar mixture. (stand back because it may splutter violently).Add enough water to cover the mixture and a bit more.
6. Put the lid on immediately.
7. When the water subsides a bit, add the cranberry paste, and mix the whole thing together and cover and cook till all the sugar is dissolved.
8. Slice up some candied orange peel and add to the sheera.
9. Add 1 tbsp of ghee (clarified butter) and a handful of dried cranberries.
10. Top with whole roasted walnuts and serve hot.
Cranberry-Walnut Kesari (Sheera)