When you crave pastas but want to stay the course to eat healthy, try this easy one pot recipe!!
Zucchini spirals/pasta, Garlic, Red onions, Cauliflower florets, Bell peppers, Pasta sauce, Dried Italian herb mix, Fresh Mozzarella cheese*, Basil
- In a pot of hot boiling water, blanch 2 cups of zucchini pasta for 2 minutes. Quickly drain and set aside.*
- Slice 1 red onion, 1 red bell pepper and 1 orange bell pepper. Keep aside.
- Cut up cauliflower into small florets.
- In a large wok, heat 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Add sliced onion and saute lightly and add 2 cloves of garlic finely minced.
- Add the cauliflower and sliced bell peppers. Saute till the vegetables get slightly soft but not wilted.
- Add 1.5 cups of pasta sauce of your choice, fresh ground black pepper and salt to taste. Mix everything well.
- Add the blanched zucchini pasta to the sauce and cover and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Uncover and turn off the heat.
- Add 1 tbsp of dried mixed Italian herbs and mix well.
- Serve the pasta in individual bowls topped with cubed fresh mozzarella cheese and fresh basil.
Note to the chef:
* I happen to like my zucchini pasta and veggies really crunchy and hence it may seem like I am under cooking the ingredients. But cooking it a bit more does not mess up the taste! 🙂
Notes to chef:
*Substitute vegan cheese if you wish