Elephant fava beans, Bulgur, Fresh fennel bulb, Yellow/Orange bell peppers, Carrots, Cherry Tomatoes, Fennel seeds, Fresh lemon juice, Fresh Mint.
1. Soak 1 cup of elephant fava beans overnight and cook in a large pot with lots of water and salt. When al dente, turn off the heat and let the beans sit in the water for about half hour. Then drain the beans completely and allow them to cool.
2. Cook 1 cup of bulgur and fluff it with a fork, add a little bit of extra-virgin olive oil and keep aside to completely cool.
3. Slice a fennel bulb.
4. Finely dice 1 yellow and 1 orange bell pepper and 1 medium size carrot.
5. Halve 1 cup of cherry tomatoes.
6. Prepare the dressing: in a skillet, toast 1 tablespoon of fennel seeds and coarse grind them. In a jar, add the fennel, freshly squeezed lemon juice, a little sugar, salt, freshly ground black pepper, and extra-virgin olive oil.
7. When ready to serve, add all the above ingredients to a large serving bowl. Shake the jar with the dressing and drizzle on the salad lightly right before serving & mix in a big handful of julienned mint leaves.
8. Serve immediately.