People who know me know my undying love for fresh berries…I can’t seem to have enough of them! And the ruby raspberry is my favorite! This sweet-tangy berry is a source of never-ending inspiration for me….Enjoy this one!
Fresh raspberries, Sugar, Fresh mint, Dried mint,Long-grained basmati rice, Cumin seeds, Red chili powder, Bay leaf, Coriander-Cumin powder,Thai chili cashews.
- Wash 1 cup of fresh raspberries and add to a bowl. Add a pinch of salt, sugar, ¼ tsp of dried mint, and ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper to it.
- Add 1 tbsp of fresh mint to the raspberries. Mix well, cover and allow to rest for half hour.
- Roughly chop ¼ cup of Thai chili cashews and keep aside.
- Wash 1.5 cups of long-grained basmati rice. Drain off all the water.
- Heat 1tbsp of oil in a big flat bottomed pan with a fitted lid.
- Add 2 tsp of cumin seeds and 2 bay leaves to the oil and saute on low flame.
- Add ½ tsp each of red chili powder and coriander-cumin powder and saute lightly.
- Add the washed rice to the spices and mix well.
- Add 3 cups of water and salt to taste. Mix everything well and reduce the flame to low.
- Line the lid of the pan with aluminum foil, cover the rice and cook for 10 minutes.
- Uncover the partially cooked rice, and gently spread the raspberries all over the rice and chopped cashews. Gently mix so as to not break the raspberries. Recover with the lid and cook on medium-high for another 15 minutes till the aromas fill your kitchen!
- Garnish with fresh raspberries, whole Thai chili cashews and finely chopped fresh cilantro.
- Serve hot with raita and papad!