Extra firm raw green mango, Red chili powder, Turmeric powder, Asafoetida (hing), Sesame seed oil.
1. Finely dice one firm raw green mango and place it in a large bowl.
2. Add salt, 3 tablespoons of red chili powder, 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon of asafoetida, and mix well.
3. Heat 6 tablespoons of sesame seed oil in a pan. When the oil gets hot, add mustard seeds. Turn off the heat when they splutter.
4. Add the oil-mustard seeds mixture to the bowl with mango-spices. Mix well with a spoon and allow to rest.
5. After it is completely cooled, store the pickle in a glass bottle.
Note to the chef: Best consumed when with 1-2 days of making.