Daikon/White radish (Mooli), Black pepper Papad, Fresh Lemon Juice, Multi-grain flour, Flax-seed powder.
1. Roast 2 black pepper papads over the fire or in a microwave. Crush them with your fingers into small pieces and place them in a bowl. Keep aside.
2. Grate 1 small mooli and keep aside for about 30 minutes. Squeeze out all the juices (save this). Add 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice to the grated mooli and mix well.
3. Take 2 cups of multigrain flour, add ¾ cup of flax seed powder. Add a pinch of salt, a pinch of coriander-cumin powder and some red chili flakes. Add the juice of the mooli and slowly add water bit by bit and knead it to a soft, pliable dough for parathas. Allow the dough to rest for 15 minutes.
4. Divide the paratha dough into equal sized balls.
5. Take some flour and rub into your hands. Pick up one dough ball and make a deep well with your thumbs, and with your other fingers expand it to make it a bigger well.
6. With a small spoon, add a little bit of the grated mooli into the well. Then add the crushed papad. Then spread another thin layer of the grated mooli. Close the top of the well by pulling together all the dough. Ensure that there is no opening and gently roll it back into a smooth ball.
7. Flour the base of your counter top and your rolling pin and slowly roll out the paratha into a circle. Repeat steps 5, 6 and 7 for all the dough balls.
8. Heat a nonstick griddle. Cook the parathas with a bit of oil on both sides till they are crisp and browned.
9. Serve hot with a spicy pickle!