(or as my mother calls it Podita!)
Red onions, Green bell peppers, Gram flour (besan), mustard seeds, cumin seeds, turmeric, asafoetida, red chili powder, coriander-cumin powder.
1. De-seed and dice 3 medium-size bell peppers.
2. Finely chop 2 big red onions.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add 1 tablespoon each of mustard and cumin seeds.
4. When they begin to splutter, add the onions and saute till they translucent but not brown.
5. Add the bell peppers and saute well.
6. Add salt to taste, a pinch of turmeric powder, 2 tablespoons of red chili powder, a pinch of asafoetida, 1 teaspoon of coriander-cumin powder and mix everything well.
7. Sprinkle some water and cover and cook till the bell pepper is tender.
8. Add 5 heaped tablespoons of gram flour (besan) and 2 tablespoons of oil. Saute till the flour coats the vegetables and cooks through (you can tell by the change in color from yellow to a yellowish-orange).
9. Serve hot with Phulkas or Plain rice and Raita.
Note: you can make this with any other vegetable as well such as cabbage, spring onions, snake gourd, etc.