Whole wheat bread stuffed with Indian Cottage Cheese and Veggies!
Whole wheat oil, Paneer, Mooli (white radish), dried fenugreek leaves.
1. In a big deep bowl, add a cup of whole wheat flour and a pinch of salt.
2. Mix well and start to knead by adding water. Make a firm but pliable dough. Cover with clingwrap and keep aside.
3. Grate some paneer (Indian cottage cheese) into a bowl.
4. Grate white radish and place it into a colander with some salt and leave for a few minutes. Squeeze out all the water, place on a paper towel, and ensure that there is no moisture. Add it to the paneer.
5. Add 3 tablespoons of kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves).
6. Mix all the ingredients with a spoon, add salt, red chilli flakes, a pinch of Tandoori masala and half a teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Mix everything well.
7. Make small balls out of the dough.
8. Take one ball and softly expand with the tips of your fingers to make it into a smallish well.
9. Place a bit of the filling into the well and close tight ensuring that the filling does not slip out.
10. Roll out into 6″ rounds with the help of some wheat flour.
11. Place each of the parathas on a griddle and cook on both sides with a bit of oil till it is golden brown.
12. Serve hot with fresh yogurt, pickle and sliced onions and green chillies.