Now for a small healthy twist with a simple hearty salad!
Beetroots, Greek yogurt, Walnuts, Fresh Mint, Fresh Dill.
- Wash, peel, scrub, and soak 3 medium sized beetroots in water for a couple of hours.
- Re-wash them again multiple times till all the smell and grit is gone.
- Cut the beets into 3″ cubes and place them in a large pot of cold water.
- Cook the beets till they are soft but retain their shape and stay firm.
- Drain off all the water and place the beets on a platter.
- Whisk 2 cups of Greek yogurt (or any thick yogurt that you can find). Add salt to taste.
- Toast a handful of walnuts in a skillet and chop them roughly.
- Add 1/4 cup each of finely chopped fresh mint, fresh dill to the yogurt. .
- Add the chopped walnuts to the yogurt.
- Mix everything well.
- Pour the yogurt on the beets and with a flat spoon, gently mix everything together.
- Garnish with fresh dill, mint, and some walnuts.
- Serve cold as an accompaniment to a hot pulalo!