AN EASY SUMMER ENSEMBLE!
Wild rice, Pomegranate seeds, Grapefruit, Orange, Cucumber, Fresh Feta cheese, Sriracha,
Extra virgin olive oil.
1. Take a small block of fresh feta cheese in a bowl. Add milk to it, cover it and keep it in the fridge overnight.
2. Place one cup of wild rice in a bowl, wash it well, and add 2 ¼ cups of water and cook it in the microwave/stovetop for about 20 minutes. (Ensure that the grains stay separate and it is not over cooked, just al dente. Drain off any excess water). Allow the rice to cool and place in a big salad bowl.
3. Zest an orange and a grapefruit.
4. Segment 1 whole grapefruit and 1 orange, and the seeds of a whole pomegranate, and add to the rice.
5. Drain off the milk from the feta and cube them and add to the rice.
6. Take a small bowl and add the following:
Orange and Grapefruit zest
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of Sriracha
1 teaspoon of honey
1 teaspoon of cumin powder
3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Whisk everything well.
7. Refrigerate the salad and dressing for at-least 2 hours. Before serving, add the dressing to the rice mixture and mix well. Serve immediately.