WHEN ONE TYPE OF VADAS ARE NOT ENOUGH!
Black matpe beans (black urad dal), whole white matpe beans (gota urad dal), Black peppercorns, Curry leaves.
1. To a large bowl, add 1 cup of black urad dal and ¼ cup of gota urad dal. Cover the dals completely with hot water and allow them to soak overnight.
2. Next day morning, drain off the water and grind to a coarse dough, with very little water.
3. Heat up a non-stick pan and roast a handful of curry leaves and grind it to a coarse powder in a spice grinder. Add this to the ground dals.
4. Roast 3 tablespoons (more if you like it spicy) of black peppercorns, grind them to a coarse powder and add them to the dals.
5. Add salt to taste and finely chopped fresh curry leaves.
6. Make them into flattish vadais, and deep-fry them.
7. Serve hot with green chili-cilantro-mint chutney!