Desiccated coconut, Sugar, Dried apricots, Ghee.
- Cut dried apricots into long thin strips (1/2 cup).
- Grease a large plate with ghee/butter or line a cake tin with parchment paper.
- Take a small bowl with a flat bottom. Grease the flat side of the bowl and keep aside.
- In a big wok, add 1.5 cups of sugar and 3 tbsp of water.
- Allow the sugar to melt fully and cook on low heat till it thickens and comes to an almost one thread consistency.
- Add 2 cups of desiccated coconut and mix well.
- Add 2 tsp of ghee*.
- The whole mixture will start to come together like a ball and leave the sides of a pan.
- Quickly add the apricots and mix well.
- Take the mixture off the heat and quickly transfer to the greased plate or the lined cake tin.
- With the greased side of the bowl, work quickly to flatten the burfi mixture to the desired thickness.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Grease a knife with ghee and cut the burfi into pieces.
- Enjoy warm or at room temperature! If there are left overs, store in an airtight container.
Notes to the chef:
* Vegans can substitute ghee for vegan butter