Olive bread, Farm fresh tomatoes, red onions, cucumbers
For the herbed cheese spread: Goat cheese (fresh), dry mint, fresh rosemary, buttermilk.
For the Tikkis (burgers): Tofu, potato, spelt flour, quinoa, dried rosemary, garam masala, red chili flakes, fresh ginger, coriander seed powder, lemon juice, maple syrup, frozen corn, lemon salt.
Regular flour and plain bread crumbs for frying.
1. In a big bowl, add 1 small pack of room temperature goat cheese, 1 teaspoon of finely chopped fresh rosemary, 1 teaspoon of dry mint, freshly ground black pepper and a tablespoon of buttermilk. Whisk this mixture well till everything is well mixed. Cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for a couple of hours.
2. To a big mixing bowl, add the following:
1 cup of grated extra firm tofu
1 small boiled potato (grated)
½ cup of cooked quinoa
¼ cup of spelt flour
¼ cup of frozen corn, lightly crushed
1 tablespoon of roasted and ground coriander seed powder
1 tablespoon of grated fresh ginger
2 tablespoons of red chili flakes
1 teaspoon of garam masala
1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
1 teaspoon of maple syrup
1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon of lemon salt.
3. Mix all of the above well and form them into flattish tikkis/burgers.
4. In a shallow bowl, add 2 tablespoons of flour, a pinch of salt and some warm water and whisk to ensure there are no lumps. The mixture should be of pouring consistency.
5. In another shallow bowl, add 5 tablespoons of really dry bread crumbs (store bought work really well for this).
6. Dip each tikki first in the flour-water mixture and then roll in the breadcrumbs and place on a cookie sheet. Repeat this for all the tikkis.
7. Place the cookie sheet with the tikkis in the fridge for an hour till they get firm.
8. In a shallow skillet, add oil to cover the base of the pan and fry each of the tikkis till they are a golden brown on both sides.
TO ASSEMBLE THE SANDWICH
1. Slice the olive bread and toast till it gets crisp.
2. Generously spread the herbed goat cheese mixture on both slices.
3. On the bottom slice, start with placing the tikkis, followed by salad leaves (lettuce, arugula, baby spinach,), tomato slices, thinly sliced cucumbers and onions. (Remember to season each layer with salt/pepper).
4. Finally, drizzle lemon juice on the top of the veggies and cover with the other toasted slice of bread.
5. Serve immediately with banana chips!