Coconut milk, Freshly grated coconut, Black beans, Carrot, Mustard seeds, Chana dal, Urad dal, Goya Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning, Curry leaves.
1. Peel and cube carrots into ½” cubes.
2. In a saucepan add one can of coconut milk and 1.5 cups of water. Bring it to a boil.
3. Wash 1 cup of short grain rice, keep aside.
4. In a wide bottomed skillet, heat oil.
5. Add 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds, 1 tablespoon each of chana dal and urad dal, saute till they get slightly brown.
6. Reduce the heat and add 1 teaspoon of Goya Adobo All-purpose seasoning, mix well.
7. Add ½ cup of freshly grated coconut, saute lightly, do not allow it to get brown.
8. Add the rice and mix well.
9. Pour the coconut milk-water mixture on the rice, add salt to taste.
10. Reduce the heat to medium, cover and allow the rice to cook.
11. When the rice is almost done, add the diced carrots and mix well and cover again and let it cook.
12. Thoroughly wash and drain 1 can of black beans and add to the finished rice.
13. Mix in some torn curry leaves.
14. Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil on the rice when it is fully cooked.
15. Serve hot with a crisp green salad.