Basmati or any long grained rice, Mustard seeds, Urad dal, Chana dal, Peanuts, Baby spinach, Freshly grated coconut, Corn kernels (fresh/frozen), Frozen edamame beans, Any smooth ready made spicy Indian pickle, Fresh lemon juice, Curry leaves.
1. Cook 2 cups of basmati rice or any kind of long grained rice. Cool it, fluff it with a fork and keep aside.
2. In a large sauce pan, add 3-4 tablespoons of oil.
3. When the oil heats up, add 2 tablespoons of mustard seeds.
4. When they start to splutter, add 3 tbsps of urad dal and 3 tbsps of chana dal and a handful of peanuts.
5. Saute them till they are light brown.
6. Add 1 bag of baby spinach.
7. Add ½ bag of thawed freshly grated coconut.
8. Add ½ bag of thawed frozen corn.
9. Mix everything well and turn off the heat.
10. Add 2 tbsps of smooth pickle which does not have any pieces in it (like coriander pickle or tomato pickle or curry leaf pickle).
11. Add the cooked rice to this mixture and with a flat wooden spoon, mix all the ingredients well everything is well combined.
12. Add ½ bag of thawed frozen edamame and mix well.
13. Add some fresh curry leaves for flavor and the juice of 2 freshly squeezed lemons.
14. Mix everything well and serve at room temperature with raita or yogurt.